The goal of the design phase is to try to identify an architecture that has a good chance of working. The architecture is often defined using free-form diagrams, which explore the technical infrastructure, and the major business entities and their relationships. The design is derived in a modeling session, in which issues are explored, until the team is satisfied that they understand what needs to be delivered.
The development (coding) phase uses an evolutionary method that is an iterative and incremental approach to software development. Instead of creating a comprehensive prerequisite such as a requirements specification, that you review and accept before creating a complete design model; the critical development piece evolves over time in an iterative manner. The system is delivered incrementally over time, in small modules that have immediate business value, rather than building and then delivering a system in a single “big bang” release. By focusing development on smaller modules, agile projects are able to control costs despite the seeming lack of planning.
To ensure that the technology you invest in today can support your business information needs tomorrow, we’ll use a tested, structured approach to helping you develop a set of clear IT objectives for your business. We can help you become more productive and proactive in an increasingly competitive marketplace by executing the following application design methodology:
- Select the best Development Tools & Infrastructure for given application.
- Database Design: Create formalized and secure database that allows for easy change and expansions.
- Form Design – Following the creation of the database, forms are designed for data entry and processing. Inquiries may be included if desired.
- Report Design – Critical reports are also designed to ensure the required data is included.
- Process Flow – Processes and calculations are documented, again to ensure required data is included and that the objectives of the application will be realized.
- Design Document – Finally, all the pieces are put together into a design document suitable for a team of developers to begin actual programming.
We use the industry-leading tools, a range of database engines and web scripting languages to allow you to optimize your business management systems in today’s increasingly competitive market environment.