We are committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and individuality. We have constructive and open lines of communication, and establish goals with our staff. Our workforce is a team of diverse, talented, action-oriented people who demonstrate spirit, pride, determination, commitment, passion and integrity.
Job Title: Support Engineer
Primary Location: Mombasa, Kenya Closing Date: 27th January 2018
To provide technical support and advice to clients and users.
Tasks to be carried out
- Help computer users solve software and hardware problems.
- Install software or make minor repairs to computers following design or installation directions.
- Setup computer equipment and make sure the system runs correctly.
- Maintain record of telephone calls and e-mails. Track types of problems, what they did to help, and what software they installed.
- Read technical manuals, talk with users, and conduct computer tests. Learn what the problem is and find ways to solve it.
- Supervise other computer support workers.
- Develop training materials and train staff on company procedures.
- Refer major hardware or software problems to the company who made it or to service technicians.
- Evaluate new software and hardware.
- Evaluate if customers are using the proper software and hardware for their needs.
- Test and monitor software, hardware, and connected equipment.
Academic Minimum Higher National Diploma in Information Technology.
Preferred, Degree in computer science, computer information science and management information systems
- Practical knowledge and experience in software development-operating systems and network distribution and, compilers
- Ability to support data communications and implement electronic commerce and intranet strategies in client/server, Web-based, and wireless environments
- Familiarity with digital security issues and skilled in using appropriate security technology
- Networking Administration: TCP/IP, File sharing, FTP
- A keen listener who is self driven.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, systematic problem solver; and walk clients through the problem solving steps
- Able to communicate with people with technical and non-technical backgrounds to develop detailed understanding of user needs