We use scrum, a modern agile application lifecycle development processes, and the appropriate combination of resources to ensure the success of your project
At DewCIS, we help define your requirements, write specifications and design, develop, test and integrate software across multiple platforms enabling your acquire high quality custom applications. We are experts across a wide-range of architectures, technology platforms and devices
What is Agile Development ?
Agile Development is a formal approach that minimizes risk and enables projects to adapt to changes more quickly. Agile Development incorporates frequent inspection, teamwork, and accountability.
Agile Development incorporates frequent inspection, teamwork, and accountability
Our development team’s approach to software development produces an application that is tailored to your specific needs and interoperates with your current systems. We ensure that usability is a key part of every application.
We follow Agile Development Process, a group of software development methodologies based on iterative and incremental development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams
Manifesto of Agile Development
In 2001, a group of authors wrote a document called the Manifesto for Agile Software Development, with a goal of identifying the values that yield the most benefit to a software development process.
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Principles of Agile Development
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
- Build projects around motivated individuals.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Agile processes promote sustainable development.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential.
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Feasibility and Requirements Analysis
DewCIS combines a proven business-requirements development framework with extensive expertise to address all aspects of the requirements development process
The requirements process must engage and coordinate stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure that the end system meets business goals and addresses user needs. The process also must ensure that the system can be implemented, scaled to accommodate future growth, and supported and maintained over time
We will help you:
- Define and document requirements, business rules, and data elements, and create a traceability matrix.
- Develop a flexible, customizable requirements definition methodology, including methods, procedures, supporting artifacts, templates, and documentation.
- Identify and evaluate functionality and gaps of packaged solutions.
- Define organizational change management considerations and develop communications plan.
- Create standard operating procedures, customized training courses, and content for the key business requirements stakeholders with focus on organizational change-management considerations.
- Develop metrics to manage the requirements delivery process
Feasibility and Requirements process:
- Aligns solutions with business needs.
- Enables traceability in your requirements process.
- Supports organizational adoption.
Design and Coding
The goal of the design phase is to try to identify an architecture that has a good chance of working. The architecture is often defined using free-form diagrams, which explore the technical infrastructure, and the major business entities and their relationships. The design is derived in a modeling session, in which issues are explored, until the team is satisfied that they understand what needs to be delivered.
The development (coding) phase uses an evolutionary method that is an iterative and incremental approach to software development. Instead of creating a comprehensive prerequisite such as a requirements specification, that you review and accept before creating a complete design model; the critical development piece evolves over time in an iterative manner. The system is delivered incrementally over time, in small modules that have immediate business value, rather than building and then delivering a system in a single “big bang” release. By focusing development on smaller modules, agile projects are able to control costs despite the seeming lack of planning.
Operations Capabilities Assessment
To ensure that the technology you invest in today can support your business information needs tomorrow, we’ll use a tested, structured approach to helping you develop a set of clear IT objectives for your business. We can help you become more productive and proactive in an increasingly competitive marketplace by executing the following application design methodology:
- Select the best Development Tools & Infrastructure for given application.
- Database Design: Create formalized and secure database that allows for easy change and expansions.
- Form Design – Following the creation of the database, forms are designed for data entry and processing. Inquiries may be included if desired.
- Report Design – Critical reports are also designed to ensure the required data is included.
- Process Flow – Processes and calculations are documented, again to ensure required data is included and that the objectives of the application will be realized.
- Design Document – Finally, all the pieces are put together into a design document suitable for a team of developers to begin actual programming.
Performance Analysis and Capacity Planning
We use the industry-leading tools, a range of database engines and web scripting languages to allow you to optimize your business management systems in today’s increasingly competitive market environment
Testing and Deployment
One of the key principles of the Agile Methodology is to conduct the testing of the software as it is being developed. The software development is test-driven. The unit testing is achieved from the developer’s perspective and the acceptance testing is conducted from the customer’s perspective
Optimization and Re-engineering
Optimization enables organizations to realize the full value of their IT infrastructure and application investments and establishes IT as a strategic business asset that can facilitate innovation and help organizations to respond quickly to change
The growing importance of IT applications and infrastructure has pushed organizations to lookout for ways to optimize their IT applications portfolio.
Optimization is a structured, systematic process for assessing an organization’s application platform across capabilities in order to provide an optimization roadmap toward Dynamic IT. The roadmap helps organizations to define and implement optimization initiatives that will enable proactive, IT management and deliver cost and risk reductions across the organization
Application Platform Optimization service delivery enables organizations to drive the business forward by quickly delivering connected, flexible, and highly secure applications. It provides a user-centric experience, helping amplify the productivity and efficiency of your employees and improving the customer experience; fast and easy integration across existing software and new Web-based applications; and the ability to connect mission-critical applications while providing Internet-class scalability and robust performance.
Our APO service is devised to cater your business priorities and goals. This service offering includes:
- Re-engineer, enhance, integrate applications for improving efficiency
- Migrate application that are weak on technical quality to latest technology platforms
- Replace applications with industry standard products
- Consolidate applications
- Retire applications
- Upgrade software and hardware platforms